Stay Healthy While Traveling
people spend a lot of time in a small seat when traveling by airplane and is really going to challenge anyone to keep up with their fitness routine.
Here is a proposal action plan for helping you to stay healthy while traveling.
– Check hotels to see if they have a gym or a pool. If not I will pack my resistance band, interval timer and my running shoes. I can run up and down the hotel stairs, go for a run outdoors, or perform a body weight workout in my hotel room.
– Pack Healthy Snacks. Having healthy snacks on hand that won’t go off is a really simple way of ensuring I’m not tempted by fast food. I will pack nuts, seeds and fruit to munch on while we travel.
– Check the Menu ahead of time. I’ll look at the hotel / restaurant website before we travel so I at least know what I’m up against. If there isn’t much choice then I’ll know to find a store where I can grab some fresh veggies and choose the cleanest option I can when we eat out.
– Stay Inspired. While I am away i will be reading books and listening to podcasts that inspire me.
– Drink Plenty of Water. Keeping hydrated is super important, even in the winter. I will keep a water bottle handy at all times and remember to sip from it slowly (to avoid having to pee every 5 minutes!) Hot tea also counts!
What do you do to stay healthy when you travel?